[Gluster-users] Quorum For replica 3 storage

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 03:56:46 UTC 2015

On 07/21/2015 08:55 AM, Punit Dambiwal wrote:
> Hi Atin,
>
> Yes..Now i reproduce the problem again...with only 3 bricks it's working
> fine...
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
> [image: Inline image 2]
>
> Now when i added more 6 bricks in to the same volume..bricks added
> successfully,but after adding the bricks the type of the volume has been
> chaned from replicate to distributed replicate...
This is expected. Earlier you had 3 bricks and since you used replica
count as 3, it was a pure replicated volume. Now having another 6 bricks
added to the volume the configuration becomes 3 X 3 which means
distribution logic (DHT) can put in data in any of these three set of
bricks, thats where we call it a distributed replicated volume.

I am still not clear about your problem though. When you say "quorum is
failing" what do you mean by that? A detailed description of steps
performed along with etc-*-glusterd*.log file will help us analyzing the
issue.

> [image: Inline image 3]
>
> Is there any body can help me in this...now it's more and more complex..
>
> Thanks,
> Punit
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Ramesh Nachimuthu <rnachimu at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 07/20/2015 12:44 PM, Punit Dambiwal wrote:
>>
>> Hi Atin,
>>
>>  Earlier i was adding the brick and create the volume through ovirt
>> itself....this time i did it through commandline...i added all 15 bricks
>> 5*3 through command line....
>>
>>  It seems before optimize for virt storage it all ok...but after that one
>> quorum start and it failed the whole...
>>

>> "Optimize for Virt" action in oVirt sets the following volume options.
>>
>> group = > virt
>> storage.owner-uid => 36
>> storage.owner-gid => 36
>> server.allow-insecure => on
>> network.ping-timeout => 10
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ramesh
>>
>>  On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Atin Mukherjee <amukherj at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In one of your earlier email you mentioned that after adding a brick
>>> volume status stopped working. Can you point me to the glusterd log for
>>> that transaction?
>>>
>>> ~Atin

>>> console

>>> console