[Gluster-users] Setup with replica 3 for imagestorage

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 16:29:20 UTC 2015

On 07/17/2015 07:01 PM, Gregor Burck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I test now following:
>
> 1. start the vm
> 2. shutdown one node (edgf006)
> 3. remove-brick edgf006
> 4. start edgf006
> 5. add-brick edgf006
> 6. gluster volume heal vbstore full
>
> The VM still running,...
>
> That is not a solution but maybee an workaround.
>
> Would bee nice if we found a solutions for shuting down a brick and
> restart it without remove it from cluster.
>
> What should I do for an maintenance shutdown of one brick, even for
> change a fan or other stuff?

Rebooting a node should not cause the VM to hang Gregor. I wonder why
the mount log did not show anything in your earlier mail. Could you
check if you were looking at the correct log? Don't clear any of the
logs when you are testing. About your query on timestamp, gluster logs
are logged in UTC, no problem with that.

-Ravi