[Gluster-users] Minutes of weekly Gluster community meeting 15-July-2015

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:59:42 UTC 2015

Thanks everyone for taking part. I'm sorry for not sending out the
reminder for this meeting, as I volunteered at the last minute.

This was the first meeting I've chaired. If I missed anything during
the meeting and in these minutes, please excuse me and also, do let me
know what I missed.

The meeting minutes and chat logs from this meeting can be found at,
[Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-07-15/gluster-meeting.2015-07-15-12.01.html
Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-07-15/gluster-meeting.2015-07-15-12.01.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-07-15/gluster-meeting.2015-07-15-12.01.log.html

The minutes have also been include below, for easier reference.

We'll be having the next meeting, as always, next week. I've included
an invite for the next meeting.

Thanks everyone. See you all next week on #gluster-meeting.

Cheers,
Kaushal

----

Meeting summary
---------------
* Last week's action items  (kshlm, 12:03:11)

* spot will ask about a potential Justin replacement  (kshlm, 12:03:27)

* hchiramm to update about packaging emails  (kshlm, 12:06:45)
  * ACTION: hchiramm to update about packaging emails  (kshlm, 12:07:04)

* tigert summarize options for integrating a calendar on the website,
  call for feedback  (kshlm, 12:07:40)
  * ACTION: tigert summarize options for integrating a calendar on the
    website, call for feedback  (kshlm, 12:08:37)

* hagarth shoudl have completed the roadmap planning for the next
  gluster releases  (kshlm, 12:09:03)

* hagarth should have published the 4.0 roadmap to gluster.org last week
  (kshlm, 12:10:17)
  * ACTION: hagarth should have published the 4.0 roadmap to gluster.org
    last week  (kshlm, 12:10:44)

* csim/misc to pickup the requesting of public IPs and those kind of
  things for our new servers (or VPN)  (kshlm, 12:11:02)

* overclk should have created a feature page about lockdep  (kshlm,
  12:18:44)

* hchiramm should have come up with suggestions on how/where to post
  work-in-progress documentation  (kshlm, 12:20:02)
  * ACTION: hchiramm will send an update on WIP documentation issue
    (kshlm, 12:21:22)

* atinm will start a schedule for office hours in #gluster  (kshlm,
  12:21:47)
  * LINK: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-office-hours   (kshlm,
    12:23:08)
  * ACTION: kshlm to add himself to the gluster-office-hours schedule.
    (kshlm, 12:24:47)

* HELP: maintainers can volunteer to become release manager for 3.7.3
  (kshlm, 12:33:20)
  * ACTION: <someone> to Send a request to mailing list requesting for
    volunteers to be release-manager for 3.7.3  (kshlm, 12:37:05)
  * ACTION: Get hagarth to clear up the speculations about
    "release-manager'  (kshlm, 12:41:10)

* HELP: <someone> propose a roster/schedule for hosting the weekly
  meeting (all     maintainers should participate)  (kshlm, 12:41:33)

* GlusterFS 3.7  (kshlm, 12:42:53)

* GlusterFS 3.6  (kshlm, 12:49:13)

* GlusterFS 3.5  (kshlm, 12:52:20)

* Gluster 4.0  (kshlm, 12:54:02)
  * ACTION: hagarth will publish 4.0 roadmap this week  (kshlm,
    12:57:08)

* overclk should have created a feature page about lockdep  (kshlm,
  12:58:11)
  * ACTION: overclk should have created a feature page about lockdep
    (kshlm, 12:58:50)

* Open Floor  (kshlm, 12:58:57)
  * LINK:
    https://github.com/gluster/glusterdocs/tree/master/Feature%20Planning
    overclk  (hchiramm, 13:02:50)

Meeting ended at 13:04:04 UTC.

Action Items
  to be release-manager for 3.7.3
* Get hagarth to clear up the speculations about "release-manager'
* hagarth will publish 4.0 roadmap this week
* overclk should have created a feature page about lockdep

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* hagarth
  * hagarth should have published the 4.0 roadmap to gluster.org last
    week
  * Get hagarth to clear up the speculations about "release-manager'
  * hagarth will publish 4.0 roadmap this week
* hchiramm
  * hchiramm to update about packaging emails
  * hchiramm will send an update on WIP documentation issue
* ira
  * hchiramm to update about packaging emails
  * hchiramm will send an update on WIP documentation issue
* kshlm
  * kshlm to add himself to the gluster-office-hours schedule.
* overclk
  * overclk should have created a feature page about lockdep
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * tigert summarize options for integrating a calendar on the website,
    call for feedback
  * <someone> to Send a request to mailing list requesting for
    volunteers to be release-manager for 3.7.3

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* kshlm (121)
* obnox (16)