[Gluster-users] Plans for Gluster 3.8

Pierre Léonard pierre-mgp-jouy.inra at agsic.net
Wed Jul 15 07:16:39 UTC 2015

Hl All,

> OTOH, we are *extremely* serious about stability and there is an ever
> increasing focus on testing & feedback from testing. Some of the
> recent actions in this space include:
>
> - Weekly IRC bug triage meetings for prioritizing bugs
>
> - Addition of dedicated maintainers for tests in gluster
>
> - More pre-commit & post-commit tests being integrated with Jenkins

Yes you are right stability is a major problem. If something happen like
electric cut, reboot of a node, the /var/lib/glusterd/peers files are in
a poor status. and each time I have to rebuild them and controle with
the node.uid files. It take to many time and block the cluster.

I hope that you find the best stability for the new release.

Sincerely.

Pierre Léonard