[Gluster-users] Minutes of todays Gluster Community meeting (2015-07-08)

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 13:37:16 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 01:28:06PM +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In about 30 minutes from now we will have the regular weekly Gluster
> Community meeting.
>
> Meeting details:
> - location: #gluster-meeting on Freenode IRC
> - date: every Wednesday
> - time: 12:00 UTC, 14:00 CEST, 17:30 IST
>        (in your terminal, run: date -d "12:00 UTC")
> - agenda: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings
>
> Currently the following items are listed:
> * Roll Call
> * Status of last week's action items
> * Gluster 3.7
> * Gluster 3.6
> * Gluster 3.5
> * Gluster 4.0
> * Open Floor
>    - bring your own topic!
>
> The last topic has space for additions. If you have a suitable topic to
> discuss, please add it to the agenda.

Thanks all for joining! We'll have an other meeting next week, same
time, same place. I'm including an invite so that it should be easier to
block this timeslot in your calendar.

Minutes and chat log of todays meeting can be found here:

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-07-08/gluster-meeting.2015-07-08-12.01.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-07-08/gluster-meeting.2015-07-08-12.01.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-07-08/gluster-meeting.2015-07-08-12.01.log.html

To get more people reading the minutes, I'm including those below.
Please ask questions of something is not clear. Feel free to provide
suggestions or offer to help with any of the topics that interest you.

Thanks and see you next week,
Niels

   Meeting started by ndevos at 12:01:28 UTC.

  Meeting summary

    1.   a. Agenda: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings (ndevos, 12:01:33)
    2. Roll Call (ndevos, 12:01:39)
    3. Last weeks action items (ndevos, 12:03:14)
    4. kkeithley to check on new Forge hand-off from JustinClift (ndevos, 12:03:24)
         a. ACTION: spot Will ask about a potential Justin replacement (ndevos, 12:08:39)
    5. tigert summarize options for integrating a calendar on the website, call for feedback (ndevos, 12:08:45)
    6. hagarth will start with planned roadmaps for all gluster.next releases (ndevos, 12:09:22)
         a. ACTION: hagarth *will* complete roadmap planning for the next gluster releases *this* *week* (ndevos, 12:10:21)
    7. csim/misc to pickup the requesting of public IPs and those kind of things for our new servers (ndevos, 12:10:37)
    8. hagarth to push 4.0 roadmap on the site (ndevos, 12:12:21)
         a. ACTION: hagarth will publish the 4.0 roadmap to gluster.org later this week (ndevos, 12:14:13)
    9. overclk to put up feature page for lockdep (ndevos, 12:14:25)
         a. ACTION: overclk will create a feature page about lockdep later this week (ndevos, 12:15:26)
         b. ACTION: overclk will experiment with getting a feature page added to the readthedocs repo, and send *many* pull requests (ndevos, 12:18:54)
   10. krishnan_p to send out email on devel list about improving our epoll solution (ndevos, 12:19:39)
         a. ACTION: krishnan_p will send an email about improving epoll this week (ndevos, 12:20:39)
   11. Documenting work in progress stuff (ndevos, 12:21:33)
         a. documentation moved to the readthedocs project with a github repository, questions on editing are not all answered yet (ndevos, 12:22:26)
         b. ACTION: hchiramm to come up with suggestions on how/where to post work-in-progress documentation (ndevos, 12:30:48)
         c. ACTION: hchiramm summarizes todays discussion about documentation (ndevos, 12:44:58)
         d. ACTION: RaSTar, kshlm, krishnan_p, jdarcy, obnox, ndevos reply to hchiramms email (ndevos, 12:45:44)
   12. GlusterFS 3.7 (ndevos, 12:46:05)
         a. GlusterFS 3.7.3 is scheduled to be released nenxt week (ndevos, 12:47:29)
         b. HELP: maintainers can volunteer to become release manager for 3.7.3 (ndevos, 12:48:56)
   13. GlusterFS 3.6 (ndevos, 12:49:08)
         a. glusterfs-3.6.4beta2 has been announced (ndevos, 12:49:52)
         b. there seem to be a NetBSD compilation error, waiting with GA release until that is fixed (ndevos, 12:51:05)
   14. GlusterFS 3.5 (ndevos, 12:51:35)
   15. Gluster 4.0 (ndevos, 12:53:05)
   16. Open Floor / Bring Your Own Topic (ndevos, 12:54:44)
         a. main ideas for Gluster 3.8 can be found in the IRC logs (ndevos, 12:59:39)
         b. ACTION: atinm will start a schedule for office hours in #gluster (ndevos, 13:08:21)
         c. Weekly reminder to announce Gluster attendance of events: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-events (ndevos, 13:09:00)
         d. HELP: <someone> propose a roster/schedule for hosting the weekly meeting (all maintainers should participate) (ndevos, 13:09:21)

   Meeting ended at 13:10:26 UTC (full logs).

  Action items

    1. spot Will ask about a potential Justin replacement
    2. hagarth *will* complete roadmap planning for the next gluster releases *this* *week*
    3. hagarth will publish the 4.0 roadmap to gluster.org later this week
    4. overclk will create a feature page about lockdep later this week
    5. overclk will experiment with getting a feature page added to the readthedocs repo, and send *many* pull requests
    6. krishnan_p will send an email about improving epoll this week
    7. hchiramm to come up with suggestions on how/where to post work-in-progress documentation
    8. hchiramm summarizes todays discussion about documentation
    9. RaSTar, kshlm, krishnan_p, jdarcy, obnox, ndevos reply to hchiramms email
   10. atinm will start a schedule for office hours in #gluster

  Action items, by person

    1. atinm
         1. atinm will start a schedule for office hours in #gluster
    2. hagarth
         1. hagarth *will* complete roadmap planning for the next gluster releases *this* *week*
         2. hagarth will publish the 4.0 roadmap to gluster.org later this week
    3. hchiramm
         1. hchiramm to come up with suggestions on how/where to post work-in-progress documentation
         2. hchiramm summarizes todays discussion about documentation
         3. RaSTar, kshlm, krishnan_p, jdarcy, obnox, ndevos reply to hchiramms email
    4. jdarcy
         1. RaSTar, kshlm, krishnan_p, jdarcy, obnox, ndevos reply to hchiramms email
    5. krishnan_p
         1. krishnan_p will send an email about improving epoll this week
         2. RaSTar, kshlm, krishnan_p, jdarcy, obnox, ndevos reply to hchiramms email
    6. kshlm
         1. RaSTar, kshlm, krishnan_p, jdarcy, obnox, ndevos reply to hchiramms email
    7. ndevos
         1. RaSTar, kshlm, krishnan_p, jdarcy, obnox, ndevos reply to hchiramms email
    8. obnox
         1. RaSTar, kshlm, krishnan_p, jdarcy, obnox, ndevos reply to hchiramms email
    9. overclk
         1. overclk will create a feature page about lockdep later this week
         2. overclk will experiment with getting a feature page added to the readthedocs repo, and send *many* pull requests
   10. RaSTar
         1. RaSTar, kshlm, krishnan_p, jdarcy, obnox, ndevos reply to hchiramms email
   11. spot
         1. spot Will ask about a potential Justin replacement

  People present (lines said)

    1. ndevos (119)
    2. hagarth (57)
    3. hchiramm (28)