[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.7.2: gluster volume heal <vol> info heal-failed

Andreas Hollaus Andreas.Hollaus at ericsson.com
Wed Jul 8 11:01:50 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm curious about this 'gluster volume heal <vol> info heal-failed' command:

What would be a possible reason for healing to fail and get listed by this command? I
know about split-brain, but as that is another option for the command I suspect that
this would list files that could not be healed but still not split-brain files, right?

On what does it base it's report? Does it investigate the filesystem by itself, or
does it depend on results from any another command or internal action? It executes so
quickly that I suspect that it make use of some internal data structure. If so, is
this data structure always kept up-to-date or is it updated at a fixed interval?

Regards
Andreas