[Gluster-users] set volume locking without shutting off server

Jordan R. Willis jwillis0720 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 05:36:07 UTC 2015

  HI Niels and Company,

It feels like I’m spamming so I want to apologize. It seems I spoke a little too soon. It turns out I was able to lock as long as I mounted my gluster volume using glusterfs rather than nfs. I was just on the daemon server that had mounted glusterfs using:

>glusterfsserver
$mount -t glusterfs glusterfsserver:/my_volume /mnt/my_mount
#locking works

>random_client
$mount -t nfs glusterfserver:/my_volume /mnt/my_other_mount
#locking doesn’t work

This just shows me another reason to install glusterfs on all my servers and mount using glusterfs rather than nfs. But I wanted to make sure that this behavior of not being able to lock is consistent in case any other users need to know.

- Jordan