[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Gluster Docker images are available at docker hub

Deepak Shetty dpkshetty at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 09:33:34 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Krishnan Parthasarathi <kparthas at redhat.com
> wrote:

> > Yeah this followed by glusterd restart should help
> >
> > But frankly, i was hoping that 'rm' the file isn't a neat way to fix this
> > issue
>
> Why is rm not a neat way? Is it because the container deployment tool
> needs to
> know about gluster internals? But isn't a Dockerfile dealing with details
> of the service(s) that is being deployment in a container.

IIUC post 'rm' we need to restart glusterd, but touching a file as part of
Dockerfile
would bringup glusterd with the new UUID. I haven't tried this tho'

I guess like Humble said, fixing this in glusterd seems ideal
The above discussion was _if_ glusterd continues the current behavior
then either 'rm' or 'touch' methods could be considered.

thanx,
deepak