[Gluster-users] ... i was able to produce a split brain...

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 15:31:15 UTC 2015

> On 01/27/2015 11:43 PM, Joe Julian wrote:
> > No, there's not. I've been asking for this for years.
> Hey Joe,
>         Vijay and I were just talking about this today. We were
> wondering if you could give us the inputs to make it a feature to implement.
> Here are the questions I have:
> Basic requirements if I understand correctly are as follows:
> 1) User should be able to fix the split-brain without any intervention
> from admin as the user knows best about the data.
> 2) He should be able to preview some-how about the data before selecting
> the copy which he/she wants to preserve.

One possibility would be to implement something like DHT's
filter_loc_subvol_key, though perhaps using child indices instead of
translator names.  Another would be a script which can manipulate
volfiles and use GFAPI to fetch a specific version of a file.  I've
written several scripts which can do the necessary volfile manipulation.
If we finally have a commitment to do something like this, actually
implementing it will be the easy part.