[Gluster-users] geo-replication

M S Vishwanath Bhat vbhat at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 09:11:33 UTC 2015

On 26/01/15 21:35, Rosemond, Sonny wrote:
> I have a RHEL7 testing environment consisting of 6 nodes total, all
> running Gluster 3.6.1. The master volume is distributed/replicated,
> and the slave volume is distributed. Firewalls and SELinux have been
> disabled for testing purposes. Passwordless SSH has been established
> and tested successfully, however when I try to start geo-replication,
> the process churns for a bit and then drops me back to the command
> prompt with the message, "geo-replication command failed".
> What should I look for? What am I missing?
Have you created the geo-rep session between master and slave? If yes, I
assume you have run geo-rep create with push-pem? And before that you
need to collect the pem keys using, "gluster system:: execute
gsec_create". And the another thing to be noted, is the passwordless ssh
need to be established between master node where you are running
"geo-rep create" command and the slave node specified in the "geo-rep
create" command.

If you have done all of the above properly but still it's failing,
please share glusterd log file of the node where you are running geo-rep
start and the slave node specified in the geo-rep start command.

Best Regards,
Vishwanath