[Gluster-users] Unable to peer probe between new servers and old servers

Michael Bushey michael at realtymogul.com
Thu Jan 8 20:53:43 UTC 2015

> You can check the glusterd log files on a pair of peers to understand
what's happening.
I wish I understood what's happening. What is dumped out in
/var/log/glusterfs/cli.log appears about as useful as a Windows blue screen
of death.

I'm not sure what you mean by "A pair of peers". I have two pairs that
communicate, web1 <-> web2 (old servers), and web3 <-> web4 (new servers).
When I do a "gluster peer probe" from A to B, nothing ever appears in the
log file of B; it does not matter if the peer is successful or not. I've
posted the output from cli.log from the failing "gluster peer probe" server.

root at web1:/# gluster peer status
Number of Peers: 1

Hostname: web2
Uuid: a7ec2afb-d3fc-4b00-891f-93d2df40c97a
State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)

root at web2:/# gluster peer status
Number of Peers: 1

Hostname: 10.10.X.X
Uuid: 87a71cfc-3b84-4163-b4bf-c5ebc07d7338
State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)

root at web3:/# gluster peer status
Number of Peers: 1

Hostname: web4
Uuid: 8e427da7-67e3-40d7-9143-a500b630ae34
State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)

web4 at neo:/# gluster peer status
Number of Peers: 1

Hostname: 10.11.X.X
Uuid: 0df7c7d8-bf8e-4c00-91aa-809990b032ce
State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)
Other names:
web3

--
*Michael Bushey*
Director of Technology
michael at realtymogul.com
Cell: (310) 619-0414
via Front Desk: (310) 907-7129 (ext. 124)

*Realty Mogul in 19 words:*  Realty Mogul is a marketplace for accredited
investors to pool money online and buy shares of pre-vetted investment
properties.

Please Note: This email, including attachments, is intended only for the
addresses(s) indicated, and may include non-public, proprietary,
confidential or legally privileged information.  If you are not an intended
recipient or an authorized agent of an intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information
contained in or transmitted with this e-mail is unauthorized and strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, delete it and any
attachments or copies immediately.

Realty Mogul does not make investment recommendations, and this message
should not be construed as such.  This message is not an offer to sell or
the solicitation of an offer to buy any security or interest in any fund,
which only can be made through official offering documents that contain
important information about risks, fees and expenses.  Any investment
information contained herein has been secured from sources Realty Mogul
believes are reliable, but we make no representations or warranties as to
the accuracy of such information and accept no liability therefor.
RealtyMogul offers equity securities through WealthForge, LLC
<http://www.wealthforgeholdings.com>, member FINRA <http://www.finra.org>/
SIPC <http://www.sipc.org>.  Realty Mogul operates in California under DRE
license #01926613.  We recommend that you consult with a financial advisor,
attorney, accountant, and any other professional that can help you to
understand and assess the risks associated with any investment opportunity.