[Gluster-users] Unable to peer probe between new servers and old servers

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 18:03:17 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 11:21 PM, Michael Bushey wrote:
> On web1 and web2 I purged the gluster packages, did an "rm -rf
> /etc/glusterd /var/lib/glusterd" and then "apt-get install
> glusterfs-client glusterfs-server". Both web1 and web2 were still not
> able to peer with web3 and web4 but I was able to peer web1 with web2
> again and set the volumes back up.
>
> How do I figure out what "unknown errno 107" actually means?

107 refers to an error number value from errno.h:

#define	ENOTCONN	107	/* Transport endpoint is not connected */

ENOTCONN errors are usually seen when there is some problem with network
connectivity. You can check the glusterd log files on a pair of peers to
understand what's happening. Output of "gluster peer status" can also
help in determining if there is a network problem.

HTH,
Vijay