[Gluster-users] Poor Gluster performance

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Wed Feb 18 20:01:54 UTC 2015

I set up a distributed, replicated volume consisting of just 2 bricks on
two physical nodes. The nodes are peered using a dedicated GB ethernet
and can be accessed from the clients using a separate GB ethernet NIC.

Doing a simple dd performance test I see about 11 MB/s for read and
write. Running a local setup, i.e. both bricks on the same machine and
local mount, I saw even 500 MB/s. So network sould be the limiting
factor. But using NFS or CIFS on the same network I see 110 MB/s.

Is gluster 10 times slower than NFS?

Gluster version is 3.6.2.

Thanks for your help,
  - lars.