[Gluster-users] mixing gluster versions / old version availability

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:48:54 UTC 2015

Technically, (IIRC) a client of any GlusterFS 3.x version should be able to
communicate with any GlusterFS 3.x servers, and provide basic operation.
There would be inconsistencies between different major versions, but
nothing too big.
Most of GlusterFS's logic is client side. Any bug fixes done in newer
versions of GlusterFS will not be available when using older clients. So it
is recommended to run the latest GlusterFS version on the clients.