[Gluster-users] {Probably Spam} Re: replica position

Kingsley gluster at gluster.dogwind.com
Wed Feb 4 18:13:47 UTC 2015

I am top posting here because it is becoming very difficult to work out
the message thread below.

I would say that trying to change the way a tool works because you want
to use the tool incorrectly is not the best approach.

If you want to use a gluster volume to make a backup of a file, and that
you want that backup to be on a different server (which is sensible),
you should make sure that the original file is not on the same machine
as one of the bricks.

Either that, or set up your gluster volume to have replicas.

Cheers,
Kingsley.