[Gluster-users] glusters become slow when running IO intensive work for some time.

Zhengyu Guo zhengyuguo at email.tamu.edu
Tue Dec 29 21:29:02 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am working with 4 physical servers and on each of them we set up a virtual servers for regular usages. The glusterfs server is set up on the physical servers and the glusterfs clients are running on the virtual machines.

When I run some IO intensive jobs in a virtual machines for some time, the IO speed of that machine become very slow. However, the IO speed on other clients that are not used for the jobs are OK. So I guess the problem is on the client side.

Does anyone have any idea on what’s the cause of this problem and how should I debug this problem?

Thanks

Zhengyu