[Gluster-users] Why is it not possible to mount a replicated gluster volume with one Gluster server?

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 11:15:09 UTC 2015

I believe the following events have happened in the cluster resulting
into this situation:
1. GlusterD & brick process on node 2 was brought down
2. Node 1 was rebooted.

In the above case the mount will definitely fail since the brick process
was not started as in a 2 node set up glusterd waits its peers to come
up before it starts the bricks. Could you check whether the brick
process is running or not?

Thanks,
Atin