[Gluster-users] cluster.min-free-disk is not working in distributed disperse volume

Mohamed Pakkeer mdfakkeer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 10:58:27 UTC 2015

Hi Susant,

   Thanks for your quick reply. We are not updating any files. Actually we
are archiving video files on this cluster. I think there is a bug in
cluster.min-free-disk.

Also i would like to know about rebalance the cluster. Currently we have 20
nodes and 10 nodes hard disks are almost full . So we need to rebalance the
data. If i run the rebalancer, it starts on first node(node1)  and starts
the migration process. The first node cpu usage is always high during
rebalance compare with rest of the cluster nodes.To reduce the cpu usage of
rebalancer  datanode( node1), i peer a new node( without disk) for
rebalance and start the rebalancer. It starts again the rebalancer on same
node1. How can we run a rebalancer on a dedicated node?

Also we are facing memory leaks in fixlayout and heal full operations.

Regards
Backer

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Susant Palai <spalai at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   Cluster.min-free-disk controls new file creation on the bricks. If you
> happen to write to the existing files on the brick and that is leading to
> brick getting full, then most probably you should run a rebalance.
>
> Regards,
> Susant

Thanks & Regards
K.Mohamed Pakkeer