[Gluster-users] gluster small file performance

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 21:45:31 UTC 2015

> I changed the logging to "error" to get rid of these messages as I was
> wondering if this was part of the problem. It didn't change the performance.
> Also, I get these same errors both before and after the reboot. I only see
> the slowdown after the reboot.
> I have SELinux disabled. Not sure about ACL. Don't think I can turn ACL off
> on XFS.
> I am happy to post results of strace. Do I just do 'strace tar -xPf boost.tar
> >& strace.log'?

That will show the calls if they're coming from tar, but I suspect they're internally generated so you'd have to attach strace to the glusterfsd process. Either way, you'd probably want to add "-e removexattr" to keep the results manageable. That will at least tell us *which* xattr we're trying to remove, which might give a clue to what's going on.