[Gluster-users] Backup bricks?

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 09:03:50 UTC 2015

Gluster Geo-replication can be used to replicate the data from one
Volume to other remote Volume. Geo-rep has intelligence in detecting
Changes happened in Volume without Crawling and syncing efficiently
using Rsync.

Geo-rep is continuous event, can be scheduled to run using stop/start
commands. For example, if Backup is required to run in night, then run
Geo-rep Start command in night and run Geo-rep stop command in the
morning.

Geo-rep is not exactly brick-brick copy, Slave Volume can be different
than Master Volume(1x2 Volume in Master and 1 brick in Slave).

Geo-replication is not a true Backup utility, you can't restore the Volume
to a particular date's state like we can do with other backup tools.

Let us know if you have any questions.

regards
Aravinda
http://aravindavk.in