[Gluster-users] ganesha BFS

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Wed Aug 12 18:26:50 UTC 2015

nfs-ganesha is a much more feature rich nfs server that uses libgfapi to
access the gluster volume in userspace. This userspace solution avoids
the context switches like the native gluster nfs does, but adds support
for pnfs/nfsv4 and udp.

 From the development standpoint, they have a full set of developers
working only on and focused only on their nfs server whereas the gluster
version was implemented as a stop-gap to provide a solution where the
kernel nfs re-share was failing.

I think nfs-ganesha is a better solution. There is integration work
being done in glusterfs to make its use seamless, so I suspect that's
the long-term nfs solution that will eventually replace gluster's native
nfs.