[Gluster-users] Snapshot and backups

Miloš Kozák milos.kozak at lejmr.com
Tue Aug 11 21:31:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am planing to use snapshots for backups of virtual machines which are
stored in a gluster volume. I managed to get snapshots working, but I
have a small dilemma how to backups files.

My motivation is to do a full backup onto a different harddrive in case
of brick hdd failure.

The problem is, when I create a snapshot of a volume which contains 4
bricks in replica 2 mode. Each snapshosts mounts on each server, but my
backup hdd is installed in only one server. The most convenient way
would be to mount a specific snapshot as a gluster volume, but I could
not find how to achieve this in manuals.

Is there other way than play around with rsync at each node?

Thank you, Milos