[Gluster-users] Need help making a decision choosing MS DFS or Gluster+SAMBA+CTDB

David david.peer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 19:18:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thank you very much for detailed answer.

Most of the clients are Windows based OS's, but Linux will come in the
future.
Now I know that Windows does a bad job with NFS, so this is one concern
that I have, but I also worried about performance and stability.
I used to work with NFS clustered environments, also with GPFS and CTDB
exporting both NFS and CIFS servicing 100s of users and render farms with
no issues.

Are you aware of any performance challenges/limitations of DFS-R, I mean
real world ones compared to Linux? I aware of MS official DFS docs.
Wonder if there is a comparison of same HW, one runs Gluster replica (ontop
of XFS/Ext4) compared to two nodes DFS-R. (checking concurrent CIFS
session, IOps, network utilization while sync etc..)

Thanks again,
David