[Gluster-users] Arbiter volume

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 03:47:40 UTC 2015

On 08/06/2015 02:41 AM, Fredrik Brandt wrote:
> Arbiter volume
>
> Hi,
>

> Gave arbiter volume a shot today but ran into som problems with it:
>

> 1. My arbiter brick is running with a much smaller disk which during a
> "df" presents a problem, it shows the smaller disksize. If I
> understand the arbiter correctly, then there is no need to match the
> size of the "real" bricks, so is this by design?

Good point, I think for statfs i.e. syscall used by 'df' we need to
ignore the output from arbiter brick. Thanks for this input. We will
raise a bug and work on it. You shouldn't see any problems because of
this issue though.

> 2. Using libgfapi with qemu libvirt did not work for me, it just hangs
> with high cpuload on libvirtd. Should this work?

Just to isolate the problem does it work if you try to use the VMs
through fuse mount?

> Running Centos 7 (qemu libvirt) and FreeBSD 10.1 (as arbiter) with
> gluster 3.7.2.

Could you give all the logs in /var/log/glusterfs and also the libvirtd
logs.