[Gluster-users] Minutes of the Weekly Gluster Community Meeting - 5th August 2015

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 13:28:43 UTC 2015

The minutes of the weekly community meeting held today can be found at:

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-08-05/gluster-meeting.2015-08-05-12.00.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-08-05/gluster-meeting.2015-08-05-12.00.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-08-05/gluster-meeting.2015-08-05-12.00.log.html
Meeting summary
---------------
* agenda is at https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings
  (rafi, 12:01:10)
* Roll Call  (rafi, 12:01:32)

* action items from last week  (rafi, 12:04:14)
  * tigert  summarize options for integrating a calendar on the website,
    call for feedback  (rafi, 12:04:51)
  * ACTION: tigert summarize options for integrating a calendar on the
    website, call for feedback  (rafi, 12:07:08)
  * hagarth and raghu to prepare release-schedule  (rafi, 12:07:37)
  * LINK: -
    http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2015-August/046336.html
    (hagarth, 12:09:17)
  * ACTION: based on the feed back from the mail sent bu raghu ,
    gluster.org need to update  (rafi, 12:10:01)

* overclk to create a feature page about lockdep in couple of week's
  time  (kdhananjay, 12:10:52)
  * LINK: feature page is at
    https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/Feature%20Planning/GlusterFS%204.0/lockdep.md
    (rafi, 12:12:11)
  * ACTION: rtalur setup a new project gerrit specs in
    review.gluster.org  (hchiramm, 12:16:27)

* hagarth to do 3.7.3 announcement on the gluster blog and social media
  (rafi, 12:16:54)
  * ACTION: hagarth and kshlm will announce 3.7.3 release on the gluster
    blog and social media  (rafi, 12:18:45)
  * 3.7.3 defaults to bind-insecure/allow-insecure, which causes some
    issues with older clients/servers.  (kshlm, 12:20:05)

* pranithk to write up a post announcing EC's production readiness.
  (rafi, 12:21:36)
  * ACTION: pranithk to write up a post announcing EC's production
    readiness.  (kdhananjay, 12:22:50)

* rtalur to send update mailing list with a DiSTAF how-to and start
  discussion on enhancements to DiSTAF.  (rafi, 12:23:21)
  * ACTION: rtalur to send update mailing list with a DiSTAF how-to and
    start discussion on enhancements to DiSTAF.  (rafi, 12:24:21)

* kshlm to test  the new jenkins slave in ci.gluster.org - did some
  tests, but misc did  most of the testing. I'll continue this week.
  (kdhananjay, 12:25:03)

* Glusterfs 3.7  (kdhananjay, 12:25:56)
  * developers/assignees of the bug should update the bug properly
    (rafi, 12:31:11)
  * we need a clean list of tracker bug that are targeted for
    glusterfs-3.7.4  (rafi, 12:31:54)
  * not sure where a bug belongs, set a needinfo to bugs at gluster.org and
    the next triage meeting will check it out  (ndevos, 12:34:38)

* GlusterFS 3.6  (kdhananjay, 12:36:25)
  * backport all the patches that need to get in for 3.6.5 within 1
    weeks  (rafi, 12:39:11)
  * tentative date for next release of glusterfs-3.6.5 will be Aug 14
    (rafi, 12:40:19)

* GlusterFS-3.5  (rafi, 12:47:44)
  * glfs_fini backport will be a blocker for 3.5.6  (rafi, 12:53:15)

* GlusterFS - 4.0  (rafi, 12:54:17)
  * ACTION: shyam will announce DHT2 related work efforts and repository
    for Gl4.0 this week  (rafi, 12:55:29)

* open floor  (kdhananjay, 12:57:20)
  * ACTION: rafi need to add a new topic for GlusterFS 3.8  (rafi,
    12:59:30)
  * AGREED: to use DiSTAF for upstream pre release testing  (rafi,
    13:00:46)
  * REMINDER to put (even minor) interesting topics on
    https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-weekly-news  (kdhananjay,
    13:03:47)
  * REMINDER to announce Gluster attendance of events:
    https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-events  (kdhananjay, 13:04:12)

Meeting ended at 13:05:00 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* tigert summarize options for integrating a calendar on the website,
  call for feedback
* based on the feed back from the mail sent bu raghu , gluster.org need
  to update
* rtalur setup a new project gerrit specs in review.gluster.org
* hagarth and kshlm will announce 3.7.3 release on the gluster blog and
  social media
* pranithk to write up a post announcing EC's production readiness.
* rtalur to send update mailing list with a DiSTAF how-to and start
  discussion on enhancements to DiSTAF.
* shyam will announce DHT2 related work efforts and repository for Gl4.0
  this week
* rafi need to add a new topic for GlusterFS 3.8

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* hagarth
  * hagarth and kshlm will announce 3.7.3 release on the gluster blog
    and social media
* kshlm
  * hagarth and kshlm will announce 3.7.3 release on the gluster blog
    and social media
* pranithk
  * pranithk to write up a post announcing EC's production readiness.
* rafi
  * rafi need to add a new topic for GlusterFS 3.8
* raghu
  * based on the feed back from the mail sent bu raghu , gluster.org
    need to update
* rtalur
  * rtalur setup a new project gerrit specs in review.gluster.org
  * rtalur to send update mailing list with a DiSTAF how-to and start
    discussion on enhancements to DiSTAF.
* shyam
  * shyam will announce DHT2 related work efforts and repository for
    Gl4.0 this week
* tigert
  * tigert summarize options for integrating a calendar on the website,
    call for feedback
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)