[Gluster-users] Restful Api Gluster 3.6

M S Vishwanath Bhat msvbhat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 19:28:08 UTC 2015

On 5 August 2015 at 00:01, John S <bunix1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any restful api available for 3.6.4 version. Was trying options
> to manage cluster using apis.

There is no restful api support in gluster to manage your cluster. Yet that
is. AFAIK it might make it to glusterfs-3.8 or glusterfs-4.0

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/rest-api

> I have one more question is: is there any way to execute the gluster peer
> probe commands from the new server, I know due to trusted only existing
> nodes in the cluster need to execute commands to add and replace the older
> brick.

Yes, peer probe can be done only from a server which is part of the cluster
(trusted storage pool). Servers from outside can not peer probe.

> Was checking any option to allow new  bricks to join the cluster and
> replace the older brick address?

You can peer probe a new server from within the cluster. And then you can
use either replace-brick or remove-brick/add-brick to replace your existing
brick.

HTH

Best Regards,
Vishwanath