[Gluster-users] Updated website needs your help for content!

Tuomas Kuosmanen tigert at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 13:34:36 UTC 2015

> * Tigert is working on some new GlusterFS website layout
>   ideas.  Preview here: https://glusternew-tigert.rhcloud.com
>
>   He'll start a mailing list thread about it shortly.

That said, here goes.

I put something up, it's just a skeleton so far, so it does look empty.

I would love to have some help with the content, not limited to:

  * What is Gluster? In one, two and five sentences? :-)

  * How would be the best way to install? We need to write the
    instructions, and those should be simple and still sensible
    so that you get a real, functional setup in the end that you
    can use. Maybe some example use cases, like making an office
    NAS with replication, or something?

    I guess the install guide is something people are working on
    already, so that could help on this part.

I am good with pixels and try to write good content too, but I lack
the knowledge of Gluster and the good stuff we want to tell people
about it.

Also, test it with handheld / mobile devices and tablets etc - it should
adapt to screen size changes nicely. The pain of using a ruby framework
to build the site does give us some nice tools to deal with them in
return.

//Tuomas