[Gluster-users] client is terrible with large amount of small files

gjprabu gjprabu at zohocorp.com
Wed Apr 29 13:07:07 UTC 2015

Hi Ghoshal,

         Please find the details below.

A) Glusterfs version
glusterfs 3.6.2

B) volume configuration (gluster v <volname> info)
gluster volume info

Volume Name: integvol
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: b8f3a19e-59bc-41dc-a55a-6423ec834492
Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: integ-gluster2:/srv/sdb1/brick
Brick2: integ-gluster1:/srv/sdb1/brick
Brick3: integ-gluster3:/srv/sdb1/brick

C) host linux version
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)

D) details about the kind of network you use to connect your servers making up your storage pool.
   We are connecting LAN to LAN there is no special network configuration done

Frome client we use to mount like below
mount -t glusterfs gluster1:/integvol /mnt/gluster/

Regards
Prabu

---- On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 17:58:16 +0530 A Ghoshal<a.ghoshal at tcs.com> wrote ----

Performance would largely depend upon setup. While I cannot think of any setup that would cause write to be this slow, if would help if you share the following details:

A) Glusterfs version
B) volume configuration (gluster v <volname> info)
C) host linux version
D) details about the kind of network you use to connect your servers making up your storage pool.

Thanks,
Anirban