[Gluster-users] Disastrous performance with rsync to mounted Gluster volume.

Ernie Dunbar maillist at lightspeed.ca
Thu Apr 23 23:41:09 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-23 12:58, Ben Turner wrote:

> +1, lets nuke everything and start from a known good.  Those error
> messages make me think something is really wrong with how we are
> copying the data.  Gluster does NFS by default so you shouldn't have
> have to reconfigure anything after you recreate the volume.

Okay... this is a silly question. How do I do that? Deleting the volume
doesn't affect the files in the underlying filesystem, and I get the
impression that trying to delete the files in the underlying filesystem
without shutting down or deleting the volume would result in Gluster
trying to write the files back where they "belong".

Should I stop the volume, delete it, then delete the files and start
from scratch, re-creating the volume?

At this point, the cluster isn't live, so this is an entirely feasible
thing to do. All the data exists somewhere else already, and I just need
to copy it to the NFS share to get things going.