[Gluster-users] Guidelines for posting in our mailing lists

Jesper Led Lauridsen TS Infra server JLY at dr.dk
Fri Apr 17 09:48:53 UTC 2015

> On 04/17/2015 11:56 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Since the volume of posts on our mailing lists seems to be steadily
> > increasing, I wonder if we should evolve guidelines for posting in
> the
> > lists along the lines of the Fedora one [1]. It could be useful for
> > new entrants in the community to understand our mailing list
> etiquette.
> >
> > If we think it is a good idea to evolve this artifact and don't find
> > anything in the fedora guidelines objectionable, I would be happy to
> > port it for Gluster :).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vijay
> >
> > [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>
> +1. Specially I agree with Fedora guideline about "Top posting ". It is
> really inconvenient to go through a long mail thread when people do
> "Top posting" [2].
>
> Fedora mailing list guidelines has link to following pdf [1]. It
> actually covers most of the things in a precise way. Just putting it
> here in case you missed it in the original wiki page.
>
> [1]
> http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/mailing-list-
> etiquette.pdf
> [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting
>
> Thanks,
> Lala

> Sendt: 17. april 2015 08:59

Hi,

Good suggestion.

Another suggestion. Off topic - sorry. Some of the question are the same or similar which also increase the amount of mails. Maybe it just me, but I failed to find a way to search the archives "http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/" for answers or previous posts on the same topic. A way to search the archives could also decrease the amount.

Thanks
Jesper