[Gluster-users] Guidelines for posting in our mailing lists

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 06:59:21 UTC 2015

On 04/17/2015 11:56 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Since the volume of posts on our mailing lists seems to be steadily
> increasing, I wonder if we should evolve guidelines for posting in the
> lists along the lines of the Fedora one [1]. It could be useful for
> new entrants in the community to understand our mailing list etiquette.
>
> If we think it is a good idea to evolve this artifact and don't find
> anything in the fedora guidelines objectionable, I would be happy to
> port it for Gluster :).
>
> Thanks,
> Vijay
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

+1. Specially I agree with Fedora guideline about "Top posting ". It is
really inconvenient to go through a long mail thread when people do "Top
posting" [2].

Fedora mailing list guidelines has link to following pdf [1]. It
actually covers most of the things in a precise way. Just putting it
here in case you missed it in the original wiki page.

[1]
http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/mailing-list-etiquette.pdf
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting

Thanks,