[Gluster-users] glusterFS 3.6.2 migrate data by remove brick command

Sander Zijlstra sander.zijlstra at surfsara.nl
Tue Apr 14 10:53:41 UTC 2015

LS,

I’m planning to decommission a few servers from my cluster, so to confirm:

Since version 3.6 the remove brick command migrates the data away from the brick being removed, right?
When I have replicated bricks (replica 2), I also need to do "remove brick <volume> replica 2 brick1 brick2 …. , right?

Last but not least, is there any way to tell how long a “remove brick” will take when it’s moving the data? I have dual 10GB ethernet between the cluster members and the brick storage is a RAID-6 set which can read 400-600MB/sec without any problems.

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Sander Zijlstra

| Linux Engineer | SURFsara | Science Park 140 | 1098XG Amsterdam | T +31 (0)6 43 99 12 47 | sander.zijlstra at surfsara.nl <mailto:sander.zijlstra at surfsara.nl> | www.surfsara.nl <http://www.surfsara.nl/> |

Regular day off on friday