[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Who's who ?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 19:55:34 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:20:45AM -0400, Jeff Darcy wrote:
> > > For "new columns which may be useful", these ones spring to mind:
>
> > * Twitter username - many people have them these days
> > * A free form text description - eg "I'm Justin, I'm into databases, storage,
> > and developing embedded human augmentation systems." ;)
> > * Some kind of thumbnail photo - probably as the first column on the left
>
> I think the current table is already quite wide, and adding more columns
> is going to be very problematic design-wise.  Instead, I suggest that we
> make each person's name a link to their wiki user page, where they can
> put whatever contact or other info makes sense.  I just did that for
> myself, and it barely takes more time than updating the Who's Who page
> itself (plus it cuts down on the update notifications for that page).

+1

Everyone with a wiki account already has a user page anyway. A link to
your own page would looks like this, assuming a username of
"ExampleYou":

   [[User:ExampleYou|Your full Name]]

You can get to your own page when you click on your username in the left
menu in the wiki (after you have logged in).

Cheers,
Niels