[Gluster-users] confused with heal output

Khoi Mai KHOIMAI at UP.COM
Mon Sep 15 16:20:44 UTC 2014

Can someone please help me understand how to interpret and possibly
resolve the issue:

I have a distributed-replicated volume across 8 storage nodes.

[root at omht1140~]# gluster volume info dyn_cfu

Volume Name: dyn_cfu
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Volume ID: dc402619-13cf-54fe-9ded-59df26bc44b6
Number of Bricks: 2 x 4 = 8
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: omht1140:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Brick2: omdt1c5d:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Brick3: omht11ad:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Brick4: omdt1781:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Brick5: omht1c56:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Brick6: omdt1c58:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Brick7: omht1c57:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Brick8: omdt1c59:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Options Reconfigured:
features.quota: on
features.limit-usage: /:50GB
network.ping-timeout: 21
server.allow-insecure: on

[root at omht1140 ~]# gluster volume heal dyn_cfu info
Gathering Heal info on volume dyn_cfu has been successful

Brick omht1140:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Number of entries: 1
/

Brick omdt1c5d:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Number of entries: 1
/

Brick omht11ad:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Number of entries: 1
/

Brick omdt1781:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Number of entries: 1
/

Brick omhq1c56:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Number of entries: 1
/

Brick omdt1c58:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Number of entries: 1
/

Brick omht1c57:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Number of entries: 1
/

Brick omdt1c59:/export/dynamic/coldfusion
Number of entries: 1
/

while heal info split-brain shows 0 files need any attention.  My
client/storage logs do not mention anything about any files being missing
or misplaced or corruption.

Thanks,
Khoi

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**