[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Proposal for GlusterD-2.0

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Mon Sep 8 21:38:55 UTC 2014

> Is there any reason not to consider zookeeper?

I did bring up that idea a while ago.  I'm no Java fan myself, but still
I was surprised by the vehemence of the reactions.  To put it politely,
many seemed to consider the dependency on Java unacceptable for both
resource and security reasons.  Some community members said that they'd
be forced to switch to another DFS if we went that way.  It didn't seem
like a very promising direction to explore further.