[Gluster-users] file corruption on Gluster 3.5.1 and Ubuntu 14.04

mike mike at luminatewireless.com
Sat Sep 6 02:10:43 UTC 2014

I have narrowed down the source of the bug.

Here is an strace of glusterfsd http://fpaste.org/131455/40996378/

The first line represents a write that does *not* make it into the underlying file.

The last line is the write that stomps the earlier write.

As I said, the client file is opened in O_APPEND mode, but on the glusterfsd side, the file is just O_CREAT|O_WRONLY. The means the offsets to pwrite() need to be valid.

I correlated this to a tcpdump I took and I can see that in fact, the RPCs being sent have the wrong offset.  Interestingly, glusterfs.write-is-append = 0, which I wouldn't have expected.

I think the bug lies in the glusterfs fuse client.

As to your question about Gluster 3.5.2, I may be able to do that if I am unable to find the bug in the source.

-Mike