[Gluster-users] Compilation of GlusterFS from src

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Wed Sep 3 13:04:58 UTC 2014

On 03/09/2014, at 1:07 PM, Mark Lewis wrote:
> Re 1, Linux support for HFS/+ is well flaky and probably a no-go.  I explored 2., but as there's no 3.5 glusterFS pkg for Mac, I tried from source:

Ahhhh.  Pretty sure that won't work yet. :(

We're adding official GlusterFS FUSE client support for OSX with
our upcoming v3.6 release.  The code is early stage at the moment
so not something you'd want to use on production data.

That being said, if you have time to try it out and provide feedback,
that would be directly useful.  The more testing on OSX for the
upcoming 3.6 client bits, the better. :)

Early stage OSX Homebrew formula if that helps:

  https://github.com/justinclift/homebrew/blob/glusterfs360alpha/Library/Formula/glusterfs.rb

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--