[Gluster-users] Compilation of GlusterFS from src

Mark Lewis q at phosph.re
Wed Sep 3 12:07:43 UTC 2014

Hi,
I've got mac-burned DMGs/Sparseimages the contents of which need to be burned into encrypted gluster volumes so I'm using 3.5.x.
In my research I've got two choices:
1. Open the files using HFS+-supported Linux box which acts as a Gluster Client
2. Open the files on Mac and use the Mac as the Gluster client.

I could open them with the Mac and transfer the data to a gluster client linux box but that's an additional step I'm hoping to avoid.

Re 1, Linux support for HFS/+ is well flaky and probably a no-go.  I explored 2., but as there's no 3.5 glusterFS pkg for Mac, I tried from source:

GlusterFS configure summary
===========================
FUSE client          : yes
Infiniband verbs     : no
epoll IO multiplex   : no
argp-standalone      : yes
fusermount           : yes
readline             : yes
georeplication       : no
Linux-AIO            : no
Enable Debug         : no
systemtap            : yes
Block Device xlator  : no
glupy                : yes
Use syslog           : yes
XML output           : yes
QEMU Block formats   : no
Encryption xlator    : no

Because of the summary ('if something else says 'no', that feature in GlusterFS will not be built'), I cannot proceed, but all the docs only point to builds which have all the components.

Where can I get and check all the components in the above list?
What this forum's thoughts on the maturity of the gluster client - my gut is saying I should be using linux, but I've failed so far with HFS+ support.

Thanks
Mark