[Gluster-users] configure hostname/ip for bricks

Harshavardhana harsha at harshavardhana.net
Thu Oct 30 18:49:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:18 PM, craig w <codecraig at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to run a GlusterFS server in a Docker container. It works fine,
> the problem I have is when I create a volume it's associated with the
> private IP address of the container, which is not accessible to other hosts
> in the network.
>
> If I start the docker container using "--net host", I can work around the
> issue, however, I was wondering if there was a configuration option I could
> set that would specify the hostname/ip to use when creating volumes.

--net host is the valid way to do things for docker, docker by itself
is not multi node aware.

So --net host is a cheap hack to get around the problem, you should
use Kubernetes and
see if fixes the problem.

There are other solutions produced by few people using openvswitch
etc. But none are
known to be quite stable.

--
Religious confuse piety with mere ritual, the virtuous confuse
regulation with outcomes