[Gluster-users] Deduplication

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 07:06:50 UTC 2014

[Adding gluster-devel]

On 10/22/2014 06:50 PM, Michael Lessard wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Deduplication is mentioned on the Gluster project page :
> http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Projects
>
> I'm wondering what is the priority for this feature to be added to
> Gluster ? Is it already on the roadmap ?
> As most of the nas vendors out there offer this feature, it will be a
> nice addition to Gluster.

Deduplication is a feature which we intend to get into a future release.
Deduplication in GlusterFS can possibly build on the work being done for
bitrot now [1].

If anybody is interested in taking up this feature for GlusterFS 3.7, we
can definitely offer assistance for implementing this feature.

Thanks,
Vijay

[1] http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/BitRot