[Gluster-users] Failed to perform brick order check. Do you want to continue creating the volume?

Ryan Nix ryan.nix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:20:41 UTC 2014

I'm trying to create a second volume on two servers that already contain a
running volume.  I would like to create this volume one directory up from
the existing volume, i.e /home/firstvolume and /home/secondvolume.  I keep
getting this error: * Failed to perform brick order check. Do you want to
continue creating the volume?*

Can anyone tell me what this means?  I tried Google'ing around but didn't
seem to find anything that pertains to that specific error.

Thanks,

Ryan