[Gluster-users] Documentation for Snapshot feature introduced in Gluster 3.6

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 20:06:37 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-10-13 at 01:22 -0400, Rajesh Joseph wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have written a small write-up for the new snapshot feature introduced in Gluster 3.6 release.
>
> http://rajesh-joseph.blogspot.in/p/gluster-volume-snapshot-howto.html
>
> Please go through it and let me know if you have any comments.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Rajesh

Shamefully piggy backing on this thread...

Puppet-Gluster also supports setting up lvm_thinp for snapshots since
april [1]:

https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster/blob/master/DOCUMENTATION.md#lvm_thinp

although it has received very little testing, so if someone is
interested in trying this, please step up and let me know :)

If someone does do this, and shows interest, then I'm happy to accept
patches or show interest in writing some to support native
puppet::volume::snapshot types.

Cheers,
James

[1]