[Gluster-users] Compiling on Solaris 11

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Fri Oct 10 21:55:06 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> I'm trying to get gluster 3.5.2, or really any version at this point, to
> compile on Solaris so I can take advantage of ZFS and encryption. This
> would be a killer app for me, as I'm a big fan of gluster on linux, but I'm
> running into a number of road blocks with compiling.
>
> any pointers or success stories will be greatly appreciated.

As a thought, have you tried compiling 3.6.0 <latest beta>, or our upstream
master branch?

Asking because there's been a bunch of cross-platform portability work
happening over the last few months, which _might_ have made things easier
for Solaris too (unsure).

Worth a shot, just in case. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift