[Gluster-users] distributed volume issue attaching to openstack instance

m.channappa.negalur at accenture.com m.channappa.negalur at accenture.com
Fri Oct 10 13:01:52 UTC 2014

Hello team,

I am using gluster as backend for openstack cinder. I have created the distributed volume using glusterfs.

I am trying to attach this volume to openstack instance.

#gluster volume create test-volume  transport tcp primarygluster:/export/sdb2/brick2 secondarygluster:/export/sdb2/brick2

Status of volume: test-volume
Gluster process                                         Port    Online  Pid
Brick primarygluster:/export/sdb2/brick2                49156   Y       1630
Brick secondarygluster:/export/sdb2/brick2              49156   Y       1811
NFS Server on localhost                                 2049    Y       1642
NFS Server on secondarygluster                          2049    Y       1823

Task Status of Volume test-volume

Volume Name: test-volume
Type: Distribute
Volume ID: ceaf2af4-1b8b-425e-9e88-3aad59fb2b6b
Number of Bricks: 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: primarygluster:/export/sdb2/brick2
Brick2: secondarygluster:/export/sdb2/brick2
root at primarygluster:/export/sdb2/brick2#

issue is if I create a 2GB distributed volume , on one of the nodes brick  its showing only 1.1GB and I am able to use only 1.1GB , even though I have created 2GB volume.

To test that I wrote file more then 1GB , nut I am able to write only 1.1GB.. why my data is not writing on another gluster node?

Please assist me if I have missed any configuration.