[Gluster-users] Perfomance issue on a 90+% full file system

Dan Mons dmons at cuttingedge.com.au
Tue Oct 7 21:59:30 UTC 2014

I've not used ZFS in production.  Outside of GlusterFS, how does it
handle running at 90%+ allocated?

Again, speaking outside of GlusterFS, ext3, ext4 and XFS all
classically slow down when they reach high usage rates.  Not
noticeable at all on my home media server in a family of 5, but hugely
noticeable at work when hundreds of artists and render nodes on a mix
of 1GbE and 10GbE are smashing a NAS.

GlusterFS alleviates the problem somewhat (in combination due to it's
distribution, and the fact that not all bricks hit ~90% at the same
time).  But it's still felt.

-Dan

Dan Mons
Unbreaker of broken things