[Gluster-users] NFS crashes - bug 1010241

Shawn Heisey gluster at elyograg.org
Thu Nov 20 04:21:23 UTC 2014

On 11/19/2014 6:53 PM, Ravishankar N wrote:
> Heterogeneous op-version cluster is not supported. You would need to upgrade all servers.
>
> http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Upgrade_to_3.5

I would be running 3.4.2 bricks with a later 3.4.x release on the NFS
peers, not different minor versions.  I was hoping that at least would
be a setup that is likely to work.  I would not expect things to work
right on a long-term basis if I mixed 3.4.2 bricks with 3.5 or 3.6 NFS
servers.

I could really use a fixed 3.4.x, but having just read Joe Julian's
message saying that he no longer recommends 3.4 because of the large
number of bugfixes that have not been backported, I am not holding my
breath.  My monitor/restart script manages the problem fairly
effectively, and we won't be using Gluster for longer than a few more
months.

I would be willing to try patching the 3.4.2 source and installing new
binaries, if someone can tell exactly me how to obtain the proper source
and how to build new RPM packages (CentOS 6).  I installed 3.4.2 using
the glusterfs-epel.repo file from download.gluster.org when 3.4.2 was new.

Thanks,
Shawn