[Gluster-users] Problem in Benchmarking Glusterfs with Bonnie++ on CentOS 6 machines

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sun Nov 16 13:23:36 UTC 2014

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 10:43:43 -0700
gauri Desai <gauridesai719 at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> The RAM size on my client is 490M

Just to clarify, is this RAM size the total amount of memory
in the client system, or is this something else?  eg the
amount of ram gluster is using on a client

Personally, I'm not sure using less than 1GB of RAM on the
client is a good idea.

Saying that because (ages ago), when getting our regression
testing suite to run in Rackspace, I started out with 512MB
RAM virtual machines.  The regression tests wouldn't complete
on them at all. ;)

Not sure if that's the issue here though. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org