[Gluster-users] fuse clients unusual disconnect/reconnects

Khoi Mai KHOIMAI at UP.COM
Thu May 29 23:52:09 UTC 2014

web client
http://fpaste.org/105784/14014066/

gluster storage server
http://fpaste.org/105786/40140677/

Please find the above fpaste a situation I have experienced twice where my
8-node gluster 2x4 distributed-replication was doing the
connect/disconnect game.
My servers are rhel 6.4 on glusterfs3.4.2 .

Volume Name: prodstatic
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Volume ID: 187c241d-0eeb-4405-80f2-c704ea44bc36
Number of Bricks: 2 x 4 = 8
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: omhq1140:/export/content/static
Brick2: omdx1c5d:/export/content/static
Brick3: omhq11ad:/export/content/static
Brick4: omdx1781:/export/content/static
Brick5: omhq1c56:/export/content/static
Brick6: omdx1c58:/export/content/static
Brick7: omhq1c57:/export/content/static
Brick8: omdx1c59:/export/content/static
Options Reconfigured:
server.statedump-path: /debug
features.quota: on
server.allow-insecure: on
network.ping-timeout: 10

My question is why the frequent disconnect/connects ?  It was very
sporadic in my environment across multiple clients/storage nodes.  The
chaos lasted about 10:20-12:00.  My network admins are looking at the
network while i'm trying to make sense of my storage logs.

30 mins prior, i made a config change 'gluster volume profile prodstatic
stop'.  I couldn't imagine that issuing that command could drop my
storage/clients like flies, can it ?  From the client logs it appears to
establish an rpc connection, but immediately drops it?  Are the logs
lying?  Is my understanding of network.ping-timeout too low?  I wanted the
clients to act if the storage is not responding drop him, and move on to
the next available replica.  If that is not the intention then a higher
network.ping-timeout would mean a longer stall which is not my desire.

All my storage disks are fine, I never once got an alert for an offline
server/client.  During this duration the mounted fuse filesystems were
crawling!  No rebalance was done.

Any bugzilla's or threads is much appreciated.

Khoi

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**