[Gluster-users] Proposal for improvements for heal commands

Ted Miller tmiller at hcjb.org
Thu May 22 17:33:07 UTC 2014

On 5/8/2014 7:12 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> [snip]
>
> 3) "gluster volume heal <volname> info split-brain" will be re-implemented to print all the files that are in split-brain instead of the limited 1024 entries.
>     - One constant complaint is that even after the file is fixed from split-brain, it may still show up in the previously cached output. In this implementation the goal is to remove all the caching and compute the results afresh.
Pranith, I missed your three-day deadline, because I was on
vacation/holiday.  If not for this time, perhaps for the next iteration.

If at all possible, can we have the gfids in the split-brain output replaced
by file names?  No matter how you go about fixing a split-brain, not knowing
the file name when faced with a list of possibilities is an infuriating
situation.  You can't tell log files from databases, so you can't even do triage.

Thanks for your work,
Ted Miller
Elkhart, IN