[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Proposal for improvements for heal commands

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Mon May 12 08:19:50 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Heal info + logs are enough to debug all sorts of problems and we can stop maintaining these commands as no additional value is added.

Pranith.

> > 3) "gluster volume heal <volname> info split-brain" will be re-implemented
> > print all the files that are in split-brain instead of the limited 1024
> > entries.
> >    - One constant complaint is that even after the file is fixed from
> >    split-brain, it may still show up in the previously cached output. In
> >    this implementation the goal is to remove all the caching and compute
> >    the
> >    results afresh.
>
> This seems reasonable too.  I can't help but wonder if it might be worth
> tracking split-brain files using a Merkle tree approach like we did with
> xtime, so we could track any number of such files efficiently.

We can do this by keeping separate indices for split-brain files as well. Which I want to do in the next iteration. For now gfapi based crawl suffices.

Pranith.